Roos Players Milestone Game Banners - Congratulations!
Making a Roos Milestone Banner
Just like in the AFL & WAFL, every player and their team mates enjoy celebrating their milestones by running through a banner that highlights the achievement - milestone games also may provide extra incentive for a team victory.
- 2 x Royal Blue crepe paper (approx. 50cm x 2m)
- 2 x White crepe paper (approx. 50cm x 2m)
- White & blue letters (printed from a computer) using A4 paper
- As an alternative to printing and cutting out letters you could also use blue and white craft paint to paint the letters on the banner
- Role of thick (48mm), clear packing or masking tape
- Masking tape is easier for the players to break through the banner
- 2 x ~2.4m length poles 15-20mm thick
- The club has 2 x 2.4m, 18mm thick poles
- A helper!
- Roll each packet of crepe paper out to a length of 2 metres
- Lay crepe paper lengths side by side, overlapping as required to fit the number of rows onto the poles
- Use 4 whole lengths of crepe paper, as below, to make a background for your message.
- If you have more than about 6 names you made need to add extra rows
- Run tape down each side of the banner to keep all lengths together
- Run tape across each seam where crepe paper overlaps
- Carefully turnover and repeat process
- Turn both short ends in 10 centimetres and tape down exposed edge to create pockets for poles
- Cut out your letters and glue/tape them on the banner and space as you like
- If you would like to add a Roos JFC logo you can download one from here Banner_Templates